Please read our General Terms and Conditions (GTCs) carefully.
1. terms of payment
- By registering for a course and the subsequent confirmation from the language school Dialog by Alinguas Munich, a contract is concluded between the course participant and the language school. Enrolment can be made via the online forms or via the written enrolment form.
- The booking of a course requires a binding registration with confirmation from Dialog by Alinguas Sprachschule München. Enrolment is only binding once the course fee has been paid in full.
1.1 Group courses
Intensive courses, crash courses, evening courses, exam preparation, English conversation and German for doctors & nursing staff
- Upon enrolment you are obliged to pay a deposit of 100 euros in cash or by bank transfer to the account stated below.
- The remaining amount must be paid unsolicited no later than 14 days before the start of the course.
- You are only authorised to start the course if you have proof of payment. Otherwise the participant loses his/her right to participate in the course and the deposit is forfeited.
- In the event of late registration, the total cost of all courses booked must be paid immediately upon receipt of confirmation.
1.2 Private lessons
Private lessons, Business German, Business English, German via Skype and pronunciation training (German / English)
- Upon enrolment, you are obliged to pay the first double lesson (deposit) in cash or by bank transfer to the account stated below.
- You are only authorised to start the course if we have proof of payment.
- Unused private lessons expire without replacement one year after the start of the course.
1.3 Booking confirmation for a language student visa
- Sprachschule Dialog by Alinguas Munich can issue a booking certificate for a language student visa. A deposit of 200 euros must be transferred or paid in cash (100 euros for the course + 100 euros for the certificate).
- Please note: Some countries require the full course fee to be paid before a visa can be issued. Please enquire about this as visa regulations vary from country to country.
1.4 Bank account details
Account holder: Alinguas GbR, Beatrice von Schlieben-Tschira, Anna Schuhmacher
BIC / SWIFT: COBADEFFXXX
Purpose: Name of the course participant and the course date
2. cancellation, postponement, termination and extension
- Cancellation of a language course that has already been booked must be notified in writing or by e-mail. The date of receipt of the cancellation letter is decisive for the amount of the cancellation fee; these regulations apply regardless of the date of registration:
- Cancellation up to 14 days before the start of the course: 100 euros for the course
- Cancellation from the 14th day before the start of the course: 50% of the invoice amount, maximum 500 euros.
- If the start of the course is postponed to a later date (notification at least two weeks before the original start of the course), we will charge a processing fee of 60 euros.
- In the event of missed appointments and/or an interruption to the course, there is no entitlement to replacement lessons or a partial refund.
- If an individual training course has been booked and paid for, the lessons must be taken within one year. Otherwise they expire without replacement.
- Our instructors are not authorised to accept cancellations, registrations or other requests.
- If the minimum number of participants for a group course is not reached, Dialog by Alinguas Sprachschule München reserves the right to shorten, postpone or cancel the course in exceptional cases. In the event of a shortening, the terms of payment remain unchanged.
- The extension of a course requires a new registration. Otherwise the participant has no claim to a reservation of the course place.
3. preparation for arrival and stay (visa)
- Before registering for the language course, the course participant must ensure that there are no obstacles to his/her participation (in particular entry and residence restrictions).
The course participant is responsible for taking out health, accident and liability insurance.
- If the visa is refused, the participant will receive a full refund of the course fee, minus a processing fee of EUR 100.00, upon presentation of the letter of refusal from the German consulate. This document must be submitted at least 14 days before the start of the course (by e-mail or letter).
4. lesson times / public holidays
4.1 Group lessons
- Group lessons generally take place from Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 1.00 pm or from 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm.
The start dates of all group courses are determined by the language school. In exceptional cases, we reserve the right to change or postpone dates or to offer lessons at our partner school. In such cases, course participants will be informed in good time.
- One teaching unit (UE) or lesson lasts 45 minutes.
- German lessons in the intensive German courses are cancelled without substitution on official public holidays.
- If a participant is unable to attend all or part of a language course (due to personal or work commitments, illness, etc.), they are not entitled to a refund of the course fee or participation in a language course at a later date.
- If the minimum number of participants in a German course is less than 4, the teaching time may be reduced by one teaching unit (= 45 minutes) per teaching day.
4.2 Private lessons
- In the case of private and company courses, course participants can arrange dates with the language school at their convenience. The minimum is 2 lessons per week.
- Lessons can take place from Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 9.00 pm, subject to the availability of our teachers.
- Lessons are cancelled on official public holidays and will be made up on another day.
- In the case of private lessons, agreed appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the start of the lesson or by 3 p.m. on Friday at the latest for appointments on Mondays
5 Special provisions for private and company courses
- The booking of a certain number of lessons is binding. Participants are not entitled to a partial refund if they no longer wish to attend the pre-booked units.
- The course location can be freely chosen after consultation with the school management and the teachers. If the course takes place outside the language school, travel costs may be charged.
- If an agreed date cannot be kept, it must be cancelled at least 24 hours before the start of the course, in the case of cancellations for Monday to Friday 13.00. In this case, the lessons will be held on a new date. If an appointment is cancelled too late or not at all, there is no entitlement to make up for it.
- Booked lessons must be taken within 12 months of the invoice date. After that, the lessons expire and there is no entitlement to a refund.
- Lessons that have already been paid for can be transferred to suitable substitute participants after consultation with the school management and a written declaration from the original participant.
- The scope of the contractual services is set out in our publications, the price list and the information referring to these in the confirmation.
- The school reserves the right to change the course programmes and the prices for its services.
7 Premises, teachers and teaching material
- Dialog by Alinguas Sprachschule München reserves the right to book course rooms according to availability and group size. There is no entitlement to a specific school for any course, unless this has been explicitly agreed with the school management.
- Dialog by Alinguas Sprachschule München mainly employs native speaker or bilingual teachers. However, there is no entitlement to courses being taught by a particular teacher.
- Dialog by Alinguas Sprachschule München reserves the right to change teachers in exceptional cases. This is not a reason for cancellation or termination.
- Dialog by Alinguas Sprachschule München always endeavours to design the course content in such a way that the requirements and learning objectives of the participants / customers are met. However, the language school does not guarantee that a certain language level will be reached or that an examination will be passed.
By enrolling, the participant recognises the “General Terms and Conditions”.
9 Applicable law, place of jurisdiction
The contract is subject to German law. The statutory provisions apply. The place of jurisdiction is Munich.